What started as a collection of rants and raving while suffering the mind-numbing cold of the Upper Mississippi Valley has now become observations of assimilating to the State of Alabama.
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Drunk Dialing or He's Totally Committed

I received the following call at 10:48 PM-

"Hi honey. It's me. I'm sitting in my car in the parking lot across from N and wanted to call you to tell you that after the gig at B- I stopped in to N- for a cocktail and the bar tender tonight is a young early 20 something who was wearing this very short plaid skirt. Very short, and when she bent over it was real hard to tell if she was wearing a thong or not...so I got out of there quick.  See? Just wanted to re-assure you that I'm being a good boy."

"Good- now what you should have done is jumped over the bar and had your way with her." I replied. "That would have been the Bass Player thing to do."

"Yeah, but I didn't!  I'm committed to you!  I'm trying to be a good boy and I was a good boy."

"Thank you. You are funny."

The conversation digressed from there and doesn't need repeating.  How can you tell that a Swede has been drinking?  The fact that they will call you up and tell you that they just saw a naked butt and ran from the room to call you and tell you this. Sober- a Swede wouldn't even mention a bare ass if one was mooning them in broad daylight.  It's a deadly combination, Swedish ancestry and musicianship combined with alcohol.  Makes my life entertaining but for how long?  It's gonna be a very interesting engagement.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

LMAO!!! Hahaha.. So funny. You have a keeper in that one. It's nice to know that you are #1 isn't it? So I have a question, if you drink, you are a drunk Norski and he drinks he is a drunk Swede...I bet that is sure something to see!!!

MJBlues said...

You bet. It gets quite comical sometimes- especially with my southern redneck half of me thrown in. :)